Sunday, January 30, 2011

The desire to feel lovely

At the core of every woman is to feel lovely. Women feel lovely when they feel appreciated and so it seems the moment a woman no longer feels appreciated, the no longer she feels lovely.
I've been pondering the above thoughts lately and wondered why at times it feels as if it's not enough to feel like we are lovely to our Creator. That should be enough right? Shouldn't we feel valued by the one who made us and knows our inner workings, but somehow we seek more. We want to be pursued, to be cherished. At times our hearts even ache when these are missing.
I must be honest, it's not even that we just want to be cherished by the guy, but that we just want to be cherished in general, to know we are valued for our friendship and our heart.
You know how that old song goes "I want you to want me, I need you to need me, I love you to love me . . ." I think that song echoes the song that orignates in every woman's heart.
I don't fully understand why this is such a life struggle. Women want to feel lovely and (with permission to say this) men don't always understand what it takes to make women feel lovely nor do they always understand what causes women to feel unlovely.
It's quite the conundrum.

No comments:

Post a Comment