Monday, January 17, 2011

"You will make a change for the better"

As I am sitting in the young life office, preparing for the new semester and praying about God's direction, I look up and see what look likes a fortune cookie note taped to the computer "You will make a change for the better." I have no idea who placed this note here, but I do know that it has been here for a long time. It was not until today, however, that it resonated with my soul. While I have no idea what is in store for my life in the next year or what God's plans are for ministries that I am involved with, I am encouraged.
I often fear change, not because I am a type A personality who craves routine, order, and organization, but because change is an unknown. Like the Robert Frost poem goes, I am standing at the forefront of two paths in a yellow wood, not sure which path I am to take. Today, I would like to think that God placed this note in my vision today as to assure me that "You will make a change for the better." I really needed to hear this today. I want to change the world, but I have been more heightenly aware of my inadequacies this week, unsure how this passion can be fulfilled. "Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weaknes. For we do not know what to pray for as we ought, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words. And he who searches hearts know what is the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints according to the will of God. And we know that those who love God all things work together for good., for those who are called according to his purpose. For those whom he foreknew, he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, in order that he might be the firstborn amaong many brothers. And those who he predestined he also called, and those whom he called he also justified, and those whom he justified he also glorified." --Romans 8: 18-30

No comments:

Post a Comment